Brand ambassadors are awesome, authentic promoters of your brand because they already love your brand and know what makes it great. After you’ve found the best-fit potential brand ambassadors for your ambassador program, the next step is to reach out with a message that convinces them to join your program. The right brand ambassador email template will help you streamline this process and encourage them to sign on.
Here are some brand ambassador email templates for you to use for your ambassador outreach. You’ll need to add some personalization, but these templates are still a tried-and-true starting point. First, though, let’s go over what every brand ambassador outreach email needs.
What to include in a brand ambassador email template?
Remember that brand ambassadors are customers who love your brand, have a genuine interest in seeing it succeed, and have already shared your brand with friends and followers. This outreach email invites them to take one step further and become an official, long-term representative of your brand.
All brand ambassador outreach emails need to include the following:
- A subject line that announces the person is invited to become an ambassador (keep it to 40 characters or less so it doesn’t get cut off)
- A warm greeting, with thanks for the efforts they’ve already put in to promote your brand – show them they’re a valued customer and promoter!
- An outline of the responsibilities they will take on if they become an ambassador:
- How will they promote your brand – by posting on social media? By planning and/or leading events?
- How often will they need to promote you, if applicable?
- In brief, what are their conduct expectations when they represent you? After all, they’ll be official representatives of your brand, so what they’ll do will reflect back on you.
- The rewards for promoting you, and what exactly they must do to earn these rewards – to convince them to sign on.
- Is the reward in cash, store credit, or in gifts?
- Is it a flat fee or percentage-based?
- Is it a commission on sales (like in an affiliate program) or an upfront payment on a schedule?
- Other perks they’ll receive from ambassadorship, such as:
- Leadership opportunities
- Discount codes for followers
- Access to a community of ambassadors
- Early access to new products
- Free products for themselves
- Free samples and product giveaways for their community
- Chances to network with your company executives
- A call to action inviting them to sign on to be an ambassador – do they need to reply to the email, or fill out a form?
Bonus: Personalize the email where possible. For instance, mention content the person already created, or other elements you appreciate about their content creation. You could also allude to their application responses, if you made a brand ambassador application.
The best brand ambassador email templates
Now that you know the essential elements of brand ambassador outreach emails, here are 6 brand ambassador email templates you can use:
Brand ambassador email template #1: Thanks for a previous post
Brand ambassador email template #2: To a loyal customer who creates content
Brand ambassador email template #3: Ambassador filled out an application
Brand ambassador email template #4: The comprehensive email
Brand ambassador email template #5: For B2B ambassadors
Brand ambassador email template #6: For student ambassadors
Now you’ve got everything you need to reach out to potential ambassadors via email. Of course, if you don’t have someone’s email, you might have to use a social media direct message. The same best practices for emails apply to social, but you’ll need to keep the message shorter given the nature of the platform.
After new ambassadors respond, give them a written ambassador contract to sign. Then, send a follow-up email, known as the brand ambassador welcome letter. This should include their unique ambassador link and any other materials they need.
And once you’ve recruited the right ambassadors, use these tips to help keep them engaged.